Dear Function First Community,
We hope this finds you and your loved ones healthy. Our community has been through a lot over these few months, and we are all looking forward to resuming our everyday lives with our new norm. First, we want to thank you for your patience, concern, and understanding during these times and want to let you know how much we appreciate you being a part of the Function First family.
Since our inception in 2001, the health and safety of our patients, clients, and staff have been our top priority.
As we reopen for business, we are implementing these precautions for our patients following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as the information provided by the New York City Department of Health (DOH):
- Contactless entry.
- Patients must wash hands upon arrival.
- Patients entering the office are expected to wear a face-covering.
- Patients are advised to stay home if feeling sick or if coming into contact with anyone feeling sick.
We are also implementing these improved hygienic practices:
- Plexiglass separator screens (bacteria guards) for our front desk have been installed to minimize exposure to airborne pathogens.
- We have made our facility social-distance friendly and ensure all patients will be six feet apart during their appointment.
- We are using CaviCide™, a hospital germicidal deodorizing cleanser that kills fungi, bacteria, and viruses, to clean our tables and exercise equipment after each use.
- Our physical therapists and staff will be wearing all of the recommended personal protective equipment including:
- - Gloves
- - Face masks
- - Plastic face shields
- - Scrubs
Furthermore, we will be scheduling appointments in a manner that promotes social distancing and allows for adequate time for us to disinfect all areas of use in between appointments. Please factor in ten minutes into your arrival time to take the elevator, as there may be a waiting time in the lobby. If you feel uneasy about being in the building elevator, please use the service elevator located at 112 W 24th Street that is more spacious and social-distance friendly. If you are able and willing to, please take the stairs located to the back of the lobby after passing the elevator for the quickest method of arrival.
If you are feeling any symptoms or feel uneasy about coming to your appointment, please call our office at (212) 691-4833.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time. We ask that you please be patient and understand that we are doing our best to accommodate your scheduling needs while getting used to this new norm. By taking these precautionary measures, we can help keep our staff, clients, patients, family, and friends healthy and safe. We thank you for being a part of the Function First Family.
Owner & Founder
Function First Physical Therapy
Our physical therapists are ready to treat you via telehealth.
Click here to request your Function First Physical Therapy Virtual Appointment